Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Football Review 2010 1

So its Week 1 of the NFL and Week 2 of NCAA Football, so lets discuss.

My Fantasy Football team won a close game this week, all thanks to the beastness of Adrian Foster. I took him after the third pre-season game and it has paid off and the Chiefs' sudden defense helped me hold on to win 94 to 92.

NCAA Football

Heart Broken: Notre Dame lost to Michigan in another classic game, which included a Notre Dame 95 yard touchdown to come back. It might be one loss but looking at the schedule it seems likely Notre Dame will get a few more in this tough run. So I feel like the season is gone, which maybe I was too hyped.

Stomped: Alabama basically stomped all over Penn State and shows that they are still the best team in all of college football.

It's all about the....OSUUUU: Ohio State took on Miami FL in a rematch of the 2002 national championship game. OSU won though it was mostly a very sloppy game with two Miami touchdowns from kick returns. There is a really hot defensive player of the Buckeyes, that I need to learn more about, arms like wow. Update: I found out who he is, Nathan Williams.

NFL

Heart Restored: I didn't think I would be able to get over the Notre Dame loss, it was really getting to me. But lo, the next best thing happened, the Texans upset the Colts. It has only happened once in the series between the divisional rivals and could herald two big storylines for the year. Will the Texans finally get to the play offs? I really hope so. Are the Colts doomed to a post Super Bowl Loss slump? I really hope so

Dynasty Not so Declined: The Patriots had a lot of questions coming into the year, with defensive and offensive line questions. The Bengals came with Super Bowl hopes and some growing buzz. The Patriots showed what it means to be an elite team and just a good team by tearing the Bengals apart. Of course since its week 1 we can't really be sure if the Patriots are back to their high status or the Bengals were overrated.

Debut?: Tim Tebow debuted in his hometown with 2 one yard runs....real nice use of him McDaniels. Though that makes his debut only marginally better than Sanchez' awful opening against the Ravens

LOL moment: The Cowboys are first and twenty with 20 seconds at the end of the half, they aren't anywhere close to scoring. They are only down 3 so really, just take the knee and end the half. No, they decide to be real clever and do a option hand off to their running back...who fumbles and the Redskins score a touchdown. I laughed for awhile.
And Browns: My favorite team to root for began the season with a loss....another Brown's season off to a roaring state.

No comments:

Post a Comment