Sunday, December 5, 2010

TNF: Texans at the Eagles


Thursday Night Football is a good time, provided you have access to the NFL network. I have yet to buy it for my house, well I can't anyway cause Time Warner doesn't offer it...Time Warner sucks.

Anyway, I get to see my favorite linebacker, Brian Cushing of USC and steroid fame, get to rough house and manhandled offenses. Cushing is really the only reason I root for the Texans, beyond the fact I like to root for underdog teams. And living in Ohio, the games I get to see of them are limited so going out to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch them was enjoyable.

Well it would be if the Texans had been able win, and their defense once again gave up on critical plays to let the Eagles in 34-24. I won't put it all on the defense though as the offense had several miscues. Schaub throws an interception at the end of the first half, and for once, the defense held the Eagles offense to just 3 points.

Texans actually took the lead of 24-20 in the third quarter but that wouldn't last, Vick does what he has been doing all year. He made big plays and ended up rallying the team, fly eagles fly.

Texans were expected to finally have a break out year and get to the play offs, and with the weakness of the AFC south its not totally impossible. But with a 5-7 record, they would need to win out to manage that feat and hope the other AFC south teams struggle on

Well Cushing, still hot and still enjoy watching you.

No comments:

Post a Comment