Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fight Cancer with Fried Chicken


Probably one of the weirdest promotions with the best of intentions, is KFC's Pink Bucket campaign. Every time you buy a pink bucket of chicken, part of it will go to breast cancer prevention and research. Talk about the road to hell being paved with good intentions, bad diet is one of the factors that leads to cancer. I don't mean to come down on KFC but come on, you are selling a product that leads to bad health to raise money to treat health problems. You could at least push the grilled chicken only buckets for this promotion, it would at least seem less....two faced? I know KFC doesn't intentionally put out a product that can lead to issues like heart disease and cancer but everyone knows that eating fried food is bad for you.

I just find it to be a very weird campaign, its hard for my mind to put it together. I hope it does bring in a good amount of money to fight the disease but I also hope its based more on grilled chicken sales rather than fried. Cause it seems like a pointless enterprise, you are filling people's body with terrible food while getting money for treatment. I suppose actually more fast food places should do that, at least people then could be treated for the side effects of a diet of fast food.


No comments:

Post a Comment