Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Best Weekend? part 1

So this came up yesterday when someone started chatting me up on Facebook, which is a feature I find to be annoying.

Him: Hey there, what are you doing this weekend? (This guy friended through mutual friends, so I don't know him that well)

Me: Oh I'm going to Columbus

Him: Oh what are you doing? (Though he probably knew what I was doing given where this conversation goes.)

Me: Going to Pride with some friends

Him: Oh thats like the best weekend

I kinda wanted to commit a hate crime, though since we are both gay it will just be a normal crime. I don't find Pride weekend to be the "best weekend" but I guess for some people it probably is. You have a sudden influx of hopefully attractive guys, a re-appearance of a once popular female singer from the 70's,80's, or 90's, and get to take in a parade. You also can dress like a slut in public and call it protest...or remembrance or something.

Not that I am one of these, "Oh Pride is awful and stupid." It has a point and it is usually a fun weekend. I just don't consider it the "best weekend."

The best weekend to me is the first weekend when you have college football on Saturday and then NFL on Sunday. I pretty much have my weekends set and I always at least have something to do, watch football. It usually ends up being a long weekend when you start getting college games on Thursday Night and NFL on Monday night.

This weekend is the second weekend of September, which is the second week of the College football season and the first week of the NFL.

I use a part 1 since I will do a post about Columbus after I get back, I can at least see where it rates.

No comments:

Post a Comment